For World Breast Feeding week, I thought I would share some of my special moments with my boys along with my Breast Feeding story :-)
The above photo is of Bradley, I never knew I had this photo of him :-O I was excited to see I actually do have a photo of our Breast feeding relationship together :-D. Even better, this photo is of him only a day or so old!!!My breast feeding did not last long with him, we breast fed for at least 4 months, but, I went back to work, part time, and had trouble expressing, Bradley seemed to always be constantly on the boob, and I did not seem to get enough break to express, and when I tried, I could not get much out :-(
We had just bought a new house, and were renovating it. and still are 2 1/2 years later...


This was Bradley caught in action, Remo spotted Bradley giving him the "bird".
Bradley again having a feed, I never knew I had these photo's, I thought I did not have any, oh how special these moments are of Bradley and I together. In the above photo, you can see Remo's hand on Bradley's head. Sadly, once Bradley hit not long past the 6 month age, he refused to take my milk :-( but these photo's are the treasured ones of our Breast feeding relationship we had together :-) I did not have anyone around breast feeding, and had no encouragement with him, or help.
After having thought that I had no photos of Bradley and I feeding, I made a point to wanting my FIRST photo of my next baby to be a bonding breast feeding experience, to have at least 1 photo, of a breast feeding relationship...
The above photo, is Rodney's first photo, a bonding moment, between the two of us, our first cuddle, our first feed, skin to skin contact :-)
These photo's are my 2 favourite moments of Breast Feeding my newborn son, Rodney :-)
Looking down upon Rodney as he feeds, Beautiful...
The 2 above photo's are of Rodney's first Easter :-)
Here is Rodney, I love the look on his face, as he was being burped after a feed!!!
PJ day, time for another feed, note: Rodney also gives that finger a work out, lol!!!
I love his hands, all fingers folded over, his hand clasped together...
WOW!!! and all this is MINE!!! as Rodney feeds away. Looking down on Rodney as he feeds holding his food, my boob ;-)
Here we are at the George Pentland gardens, photo taken by our friend Jen at a children's day :-) Bradley being his cheeky self behind ;-) 

Here Is a couple of photo's to finish off, these were taken today, Bradley is sharing a cuddle as Rodney has his milk, and has a nap :-) Bradley calls it "Brother Rodney milk" Rodney has is almost 5 months, we are still going well with our Breast feeding!!!
HAPPY WORLD BREAST FEEDING WEEK!!!
4 comments:
Oh Sarz, I seriously teared up!! lol
I felt sad, reading some regret in your tone of recalling your breastfeeding with Bradley. You were the first breastfeeder I was exposed to, and I loved that you were comfortable in getting your boob out where ever you bub desired, I admired that greatly!!
These pics are so precious!!
How sweet it is to see Bradley interact with you as Rodney feeds, and especially giving Rodney a hug. You can tell they're gona be the best of mates ;)
Wow I didn't realise what a hard time you had trying to feed Bradley:( I'm so glad for you that things are going more smoothly this time around. Thanks for sharing all the lovely feeding photos too. I love that last pic of Bradley cuddling Rodney while he has a feed, so sweet!!
Oh I'm so pleased for you that you found photos you never thought you had of your breastfeeding relationship with Bradley, must be so special to see them again after so much time!
I'm really sorry you and Bradley didn't have support enough to keep feeding beyond six months, you sound understandably sad about that. To get that far with no one else breastfeeding around you is a really big acheivement!
All those photos of both boys feeding are gorgeous, especially that last one of Bradley cuddling Rodney while he feeds, what an absolutely heavenly moment xoxo
Thanks :-)
Because he was on it all the time I actually could not feed without feeling sick :-(
I have not experienced it with Rodney :-)
Moving house etc was so hard, every shop we looked at, every tile, carpet square, or paint sample etc we looked at, he would want a feed. I think my boobs were quite popular around Cranbourne home maker centre and each bunnings or bathroom store etc we looked in.
I actually do also blame Dandenong hospital in parts, because a midwife told me when I was there with Bradley learning to feed him, that I had to ONLY feed 10 mins each side and repeat, or I would get very sore etc, and threatening mastitis, I "had" to keep it even.
I was up every hour of the night for around 3 months, and up all day moving.
Post a Comment